Thursday, July 07, 2011

New Food Finds

I've been getting alot of advice and researching quick and easy healthy foods. I don't travel often but when I do I want to make sure I have certain foods that I can pack that are healthy. I've actually found a few great things this week.


When I travel I always take a large Ziploc baggie of whey protein powder, protein bars, and tuna packets. I have now found some new items I can pack. When I was shopping at Kroger a couple days ago I found a package of precooked brown rice. All you need is a fork or spoon and a microwave if one is handy.
I also found out that airports consider peanut butter a liquid. I thought that was pretty odd but I did find a product that is a powdered natural peanut butter, even better it's 85% less fat. This can be easily packed in carry on luggage and not be considered liquid. It's called PB2.

Another product that was mentioned was protein bread. Yes I said protein bread, this bread has 28g. of protein, it's 100% whole wheat, and natural. I was very excited to hear this and was thinking what a great post workout meal of P28 bread, natural peanut butter, and jelly sandwich. They also make bagels.













Hopefully you will be as excited as I was to find these healthy food choices and all of them great for travel.

1 comment:

bodybuilding said...

protein bread seems good

Wicked Temptations Affiliate