Sunday, August 31, 2008

Contest Prep

Just started contest diet this week. So far not too bad. I get to have one of my favorite meals for breakfast. Sweet potato protein pancakes. My diet mainly consists of chicken, egg whites, tuna, and protein powder for protein, complex carbs are sweet potato for breakfast and oats after training. Vegetables are spinach, red and yellow bell peppers, and green beans. This is all spread out over 8 meals.

Training is weights 5 days per week, 1 body part per day. Cardio is surprisingly lower than normal. Three mornings a week I run a mile followed by 20 min. on stair stepper. Four other days I do 30 min. non-weight bearing cardio in the afternoon after weight training.

Here is the recipe I use right now for Sweet Potato Pancakes

4 oz. sweet potato (baked)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
4 egg whites
2 tbs. unsweetened applesauce
Cinnamon (optional)

Blend all ingrediants and cook like pancakes.

No comments:

Wicked Temptations Affiliate